Genre: Apocalyptic Horror
Setting: Modern Indianapolis
- Skeleton dinosaur rampages downtown
- Zombies attend a sporting event
- Wild Hunt come thru Indy (Odin or Celtic)
- Local gang raises their old leader from the dead.
- Ghouls escape captivity from “Amtrak” facility in Beech Grove
- Aliens from Mars attack (War of the Worlds-ish)
- Army unit from Camp Atterbury come up loaded for bear.
- Celtic/Norse/Nephilim fight over Indy as a stronghold.
- Ghostly relatives follow you around looking ashamed
- Portals to other planes/planets
- Valkyries come to pick up heroic PCs or NPCs
- Local vampire coven has been running the Red Cross blood drives and need more blood.
- Supernatural storm is forming over downtown Indy
- Knights Templar start hunting anything ‘not natural’.
- PETA/ELF/Vegan splinter group starts shooting at anyone with anything leather on their body.
- They also release the zoo animals.
- 10 plagues of Exodus happen at odd intervals
- Street Oracle preaches doom downtown (and is somehow safe from the various nasties)
- Ark of the Covenant found in back room at Ft. Ben Finance center.
- Surface to air missiles found at Naval Avionics
- Store Santas attract small swarms of kids for evil
- Lab animals (mainly monkeys and dogs) escape from Lilly and start attacking survivors.
- A party member gets a dull, throbbing headache. Then they find a small doll on the ground
resembling the PC with a pin in its head.
- An orphan tags along with the PCs, staying with them regardless of destination or present
danger. With each passing day, another orphan joins the first. Even if killed, lost, or captured they always return. The PCs must discover the legend regarding the orphans and make an appropriate sacrifice/ritual to appease the curse and dismiss the orphan spirits.
- Private guards flank a door and stare hard at the PCs as they pass by refusing any and all attempts to communicate with them.
- Marion County Library (downtown) supposedly houses many old books on the occult that might explain what is going on.
- A huge hole opens up at the Scottish Right Cathedral. Rumors of dark rites abound and now strange, misshapen creatures crawl out of the hole wearing the robes of some forgotten god’s clerics.
- Insane patients escape from the Indiana Central Hospital
- One of the PCs minions has made a pact with a Crossroads Demon some 10 years ago and now it’s time to pay up.
- As sections of the city are denuded of ‘normal’ human life they start to disappear off of any maps/GPS devices the PCs might have. (ala the Faefever series)
An enemy has placed (magical) bombs throughout the city. The PCs need to find them and the
enemies in the city in 24 hours.
- Dozens of bird flocks arrive every day. Soon, there isn’t any space available on any roof top.
The birds are not aggressive, but they are eating gardens, plants and outside food, and making a
lot of noise.
- In a nearby alley, three thugs look to be assaulting a woman. In reality, they are a group of
rogues luring would-be rescuers into their trap.
- A nearly forgotten religion now leaps in popularity. The decrepit church has a stained-glass
window on its second level facing the street and, once a week, shadows in the shape of the religion’s
central figure appear in the window beckoning to the faithful. Are the divine appearances
real or a ruse?
- Small sinkholes appear at night all over the city and no one knows why. A group of dwarves
has discovered the perfect way to rob shops: bring the loot down to them. With plenty of holes and only some of the items missing, no one yet suspects a crime. Just one problem – one of the holes appears under the building where the party is staying.
- PCs return from an excursion to have one of the NPCs left behind tell them someone was here asking for them.
- While talking to NPCs the PCs notice other people vanish for a few heartbeats then reappear.
Nobody seems to find it strange.
- Mannequins in stores come to life, even the partial ones.
- It starts snowing and continues snowing for days/weeks. Is this the start of Fimbulvetr?